Anthony's key resort local amenities questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kiknads

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was wondering if there was any local grocery stores, or convenience stores around that sold snacks/pop at resonable prices nearby, or if I should just bring some from houston

I'm fairly certain Photo Roatan(on-site) sold ice cream bars.

Woodies Grocery Store is in the West End - about 10mins. by cab - think big 7/11 with more staples. Coconut Tree Divers also has a store about a block further east - they sell staples, candy bars, chips, soda, alcohol etc. The cab stand is across the street so getting a cab back is easy. I'm pretty sure I paid $6 to go to AKR from there - I probably overpaid.

You'll also be able to get fresh fruit/vegetables from several local vendors who sell from the back of their trucks daily along the main road in the West End. There might also be a pulperia (local store) on the main road east of AKR going towards Sandy Bay.

You could also go the other way to Coxen hole (about the same distance to west end). There are two modern supermarkets there. Plaza Mar and Eldon's.

Follow the resort road then path that goes past the Roatan Institute for Marine Sciences and Roatan Museum at AKR. Follow the path around the building to a gate at the back of the resort. The is usually a resort security guard here. Meander down the road for a couple of minutes, turn right at the intersection and then on your right will be a small convenience store.

You can walk out to the main road and catch a cab back to Coxen Hole for about $4.00 and the grocery store is on the west end of town right at the gas station/Bojangles corner. Grab your stuff and go back to the gas station corner and catch a cab headed west again for about $4.00. The store is big and has everything you'd need including beer/liquor. If you have them call a cab for you at AKR and pick you up in the parking lot it will cost you easily double that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom