Answers to Questions re: Zeagle Escape

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You remove the bottom tank band, install the 8137s, then reinstall the tank band.

When you are finished with the installation, you will have a BC with a zip-on platform (like the Ranger LTD) and that has TWO tank bands.

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your replies and for your patience. I will order the parts.

Sy

You remove the bottom tank band, install the 8137s, then reinstall the tank band.

When you are finished with the installation, you will have a BC with a zip-on platform (like the Ranger LTD) and that has TWO tank bands.

Hi Scott,

I had already ordered the Spare Air pocket (#8055L) and received it yesterday.

Seems I can mount this pocket without having to use the Zip Platform. I like that it's sturdy and the velcro is very "robust". According to the "instructions" I need to order a "pony bottle band" and mount it through the tank bands which I'd rather forego and try another mounting method. There's always another mounting method!

I found that I can screw-mount the Spare Air Pocket to the first two holes on the right (assume I'm wearing the BCD ) cumberbund flap. Is that an acceptable way to mount it or is there a preferable way like keeping it between the bladder and vest sections? I hate things that "dangle" and try to get my gear as close to my body as possible both for streamlining but especially to keep from snagging onto something.

Also, I had recently bought the Zeagle Sport Utility Pocket which has two small mounting "loops" and one large one which is the length of the pocket itself. Was wondering how best to mount it? I will be storing my 6+ foot safety sausage and reel in that pocket. I'm starting to see that the Zeagle modular components capability allows for lots of flexibility.

Please advise in detail.

Thanks,

Sy

I found that I can screw-mount the Spare Air Pocket to the first two holes on the right (assume I'm wearing the BCD ) cumberbund flap. Is that an acceptable way to mount it or is there a preferable way like keeping it between the bladder and vest sections?

That is a very acceptable way of mounting it. It just comes down to personal preference!!!

Also, I had recently bought the Zeagle Sport Utility Pocket which has two small mounting "loops" and one large one which is the length of the pocket itself. Was wondering how best to mount it?

The best way is probably to run the front waist strap through the 2 smaller loops. We actually made those loops a little bigger recently, so that the waist buckle would slide through it easier, so if you have one that was made before the change, you may have to work it through!!! If it is too hard to get the buckle through the loops, let me know and I'll make it right...

Scott

Hi Scott,

Miracle of Miracles, I was able to get the straps through the loops on the Utility Bag.

I do have a problem with the Spare Air Pouch. I screw mounted the pouch as I had mentioned yesterday and the Spare Air Tank sits in the pouch ok. However, the top of the Spare Air, not being tethered to anything hangs off of me in an awkward position.

I connected the top of the Spare Air Holder by carabiner to one of those flat loops above the Zeagle logo on my right (assuming I have the BCD on) but that yanks the velcro away from the red loop on the Spare Air Pouch making it prone to falling out.

Can the Spare Air be safely tucked into the area between the bladder and vest? See attached photos.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sy

****seems the photos didn't come through. Is there an email address I can send them to you?

That is a very acceptable way of mounting it. It just comes down to personal preference!!!

The best way is probably to run the front waist strap through the 2 smaller loops. We actually made those loops a little bigger recently, so that the waist buckle would slide through it easier, so if you have one that was made before the change, you may have to work it through!!! If it is too hard to get the buckle through the loops, let me know and I'll make it right...

Scott

Hi Scott,

I have not gotten any reply to my question of several weeks ago and that is:

Is there any problem with keeping the Spare Air tucked inside (but close at hand) in between the outer nylon "shell" of the BCD and the bladder ?

On another matter my usual weighting in salt water with a diveskin was 18 lbs. with my old jacket type BCD.

What would you recommend as to the initial distribution of weight for the Escape until I fine tune it?

Thanks,

Sy

Hi Scott,

Miracle of Miracles, I was able to get the straps through the loops on the Utility Bag.

I do have a problem with the Spare Air Pouch. I screw mounted the pouch as I had mentioned yesterday and the Spare Air Tank sits in the pouch ok. However, the top of the Spare Air, not being tethered to anything hangs off of me in an awkward position.

I connected the top of the Spare Air Holder by carabiner to one of those flat loops above the Zeagle logo on my right (assuming I have the BCD on) but that yanks the velcro away from the red loop on the Spare Air Pouch making it prone to falling out.

Can the Spare Air be safely tucked into the area between the bladder and vest? See attached photos.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sy

****seems the photos didn't come through. Is there an email address I can send them to you?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom