Ansell Point

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're going to dive Ansell? Sorry, I don't even know what 'tide correction' stands for. Fun hike out though :)

And any tide information should be pretty much the same as Whitecliff. In case that helps.

Thank you. I talked to a local yesterday that told me the same thing about the tides. It is a miserable hike, but the wall is very worth it. Any other little known dives like that one that you know about?

Yes, but you have to sneak in and if I told you I'd have to kill you :D

If you get a chance there is a book dedicated to the local dives around vancouver. All the local dive shops should carry it (I'm drawing a blank on the name right now). It has tips, how to get there, what to expect etc.

Bjorn

Looked it up when I got home: The Vancouver Area Diving Guide.

:)

Bjorn

You're welcome. If you're doing Ansell, I would really suggest a different location for dive 2 (I don't know if you're doing deco there or not and what your planned profile is). The hike out has gotten some people that were not careful bent.

Whitecliff is just down the road and is considered by some to be a good alternative for a second dive. Kelvins Grove is further up the the road, but parking is very difficult around there (it's all permit only unless you can 'sneak' in somewhere).

This may help:
http://www.shorediving.com/Earth/Canada/Vancouver/index.htm

Planning for a single dive day. Going to do a bit of deco (planning about 90 minute runtime) and then have a nice late lunch in Vancouver and then head home. I figure that with the dive I have planned one dive will be plenty. Thank you for the link and the advice on the second dive!

Marc

Back
Top Bottom