Another Wide Angle Lense Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubalens

New
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Recently purchased Z8 and Nikon 7-15 mm lens. A couple of trips now under my belt to play with new toys and no regrets. However I'm finding that my diving now is more reef and shooting reef fish, previously was mostly NC wreck diving with D300 10.5 dx. Now I am shooting a lot of Butterfly fish, Angels, and what I would call plate size fish. Starting to question if when I reasonably know plate size fish are going to be the subject, if I might need wide angle but not fisheye since seldom can I approach more that a few feet away. Was thinking maybe I might want a 14-24 Z lenses but that is probably too pricey for a specialty lease. Therefore now think maybe a 20mm Z lense. Interested in thoughts/recommendations if this would just be a waste of money. The 7-15 would probably remain my primary setup, and I still have my 60 and 105 macro from my d300 days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom