Another week of Coz. completed.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaFlea

Contributor
Reaction score
I wanted to tell everyone that we had a good week of diving with Papa Hogs and would recommend them for anyone looking for a no-frills, lets go, dive outfit.

Next time you might want to limit the length of your posts! LOL

Glad you had a good time. Coz is always a great time.

this was the first time with PH and I can say their boats are fast. We used several boats but most were 20-24' (or so) with twin 100's or twin 150's. They really got you to the dive site in short order. If you want to dive and don't need too much pampering I would recommend them highly.

We stayed at the Fiesta Americana, (my 4th time), and it was very nice as usual. I did notice it seems they have tightened their belt abit as the meals were not quite as elaborate as in the past. However the staff was super and the rooms well kept. I continue to recommend FA as a great choice.

Taxi fares continue to climb. FA to town square is up to 80 pesos. I remember when it was 35. The traffic and congestion in town is worse as we saw 6 cruise ships in dock at once. Many of the small restaurants and bars I have enjoyed in the past are gone. Replaced by jewelery stores and walk-in markets. Street hawkers are lined up everywhere not willing to let anyone pass without pouring out their sales pitch. Needless to say I was a bit disappointed.

Well I guess nothing is forever. Still a good trip and the diving was, as always, great.

SeaFlea once bubbled...
Many of the small restaurants and bars I have enjoyed in the past are gone. Replaced by jewelery stores and walk-in markets. Well I guess nothing is forever.

I am terrified that someday I will go to Coz and find that Guido's is now a t-shirt shop.

Tim Ingersoll once bubbled...

I am terrified that someday I will go to Coz and find that Guido's is now a t-shirt shop.

yea but don't worry, the'll should have free pizza for everyone!

Guido's is not going anywhere...they've been there for 20 year's or something like that (Rolandi's before they changed the name to Guido's) and they stay busy even in low season. It is not only a tourist favorite, but a local favorite too!

Ummmm...I just remembered how much I have been craving a good Guido's meal :wink:

The puff garlic bread appetizer. . . mmmmmmmm!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom