Another Texas Newbie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Toecutter:
Hi Sinker,

I am in Clear Lake. Have regs will travel. I am interested in checking out Blue Lagoon (don't laugh.) How hard is it to buddy up there "on the fly"? I have the fever.

Toecutter

Hey Toecutter! Not sure how easy it would be to buddy up at Blue Lagoon. I did my open water cert there and have never been back. I'd plan on meeting someone there if possible. Lot's of classes going on and they might no want to let you in. You might give them a call out there or call your local dive shop.
I'll go to when it gets a little warmer. All I have is a 3mil and don't want to invest in anything thicker. Just a fair weather diver.
I'm trying to find other dive spots within a couple hours drive. Blue Lagoon is not one of those spots you just must get back to but it'll do in a pinch. Of course, once you've done Cozumel nothing in Texas is ever gonna hold a candle.
I'll be ready to go (water temp permitting) in 3 or 4 weeks. If you're still wanting to by then maybe we can hook up.

Sinker

Hey Sinker, I live right around the corner from you in The Woodlands area. I still go up to the Blue Lagoon for over night camping and fun, but there are a lot of us that still go to Lake Travis and Canyon Lake for the weekends.

Athens is approximately 30 miles East of Corsicanna. About a 3 hour drive from Spring. Good diving...kind of like BL, but MUCH better. They also have a swimming pool, hot tub, and vollyball area. I really enjoy making a weekend out of it and we are planning a big weekend in May. That would be cool if you could join us. Take a look here: SingleDivers.com Athens Trip.

Let me know if you would like to join us.

-Zendiver

PS -- You ever get out to the Flower Gardens?

Howdy there! :sunny

Welcome to SB!! :happywave Put us in your favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue:

don
:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom