Another one hooked...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

madmadi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey!

My name is Marcin and I am a knowledge-junkie visiting your great forum for a few months now. Decided I will register today and say Hello!

I live in Edinburgh, Scotland for 6 years now but leaving to travel SE Asia in May this year. I love Scotland but she's a cold b*tch! I always loved to travel, especially to tropical places. I spent 3 weeks on deserted island in the Philippines (www.searchingparadise.blogspot.com) only on rice and water. (ok, we had some rum as well :))

My first dive was back in October 2015 on Koh Tao while on holidays in Thailand. Planned to stay there for a week and do only OW but overstayed for 2 weeks and ended up as a Rescue Diver :)

Diving was a missing puzzle in my life- I always knew I want to travel in the tropics but was not sure what would I do to have some meaning and diving appears to be my thing. I am hooked! Since I came back from Thailand I am thinking about going back underwater every day...

So I am selling everything I have and going back to Koh Tao in May to continue with Divemaster and then Instructor.

After that travel around SE Asia and then maybe Central and South America. I know there is no money (at least not easy one) to be made in the industry but I have to try anyway. I have saved some to keep me going for a year, maybe two on a budget. Time will tell, for now I just need to get back underwater!

Great forum, I will try to contribute a little bit after getting more experience.

Safe diving guys!
Marcin

wow! Good luck, and wishing you the best travels, experiences and safety. Looking forward to your posts.

Welcome to SB!

howdy and welcome from south Florida......good luck with your endeavors and i hope all works out in you favor.

Currently on Koh Tao. Glad to hear you're returning! Do you already know KT quite well, and have you already signed up to a DM and IDC programme? Tips available on accommodation, visas, food and diving if you need it!

Currently on Koh Tao. Glad to hear you're returning! Do you already know KT quite well, and have you already signed up to a DM and IDC programme? Tips available on accommodation, visas, food and diving if you need it!

Hey CapNemo.
Been on KT for 2 weeks so can't say I know the island well but know a little bit.
Which school are you diving with? Will you still be there in June? If so we can have a beer, or two :)
I am doing DMT and IDC with New Way Diving, nice small school with lovely people.
If you could let me know of any accommodation that would be helpful. I am looking to stay near Sairee and looking for 3 months rent.
All best,
Marcin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom