Another Newby

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

Hi
I’ve lived over a year in Quintana Roo (the Mexican state on the Caribbean) and here’s my personal favorite : a small village south of Tulum and north of the Belize border called Mahahual. Extremely quiet, but wonderful diving. A great dive shop there : Dreamtime (aka Blue Ha). They’re very safe and professionnal and the reef is just amazing (and very close from shore). I hear they now also offer trips to Chinchorro banks. The place is still pristine and off the beaten track, if that’s what you’re looking for. If you’re more the party type, you might want to stay in Playa, Cozumel (expensive) or Tulum. I personally would avoid Cancun, unless you’re a mall- and tourist-trap addict. For more info about transportation and lodging, check out the Yucatan guide from Lonely Planet. They’re full of info about the whole area and include some diving recommandations as well.
Enjoy your trip in Mexico and eat a few tacos for me.
Regards
Annlaur

welcome, check out comments on this from other threads. I like cozumel for the drift diving.Will be going down to PDC in a few weeks and will let you know

Back
Top Bottom