Another NewB from NoVa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fly Girl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm Anne from Alexandria, VA. I did my open water certification last May near San Diego at the Los Coronados, and have done a couple of pond dives as well as one Delaware Wreck Dive since. I'm sick of my 7mm suit, and want desperately to dive somewhere warm. I'm a singleton as my husband refuses to dive, but I am lucky to have DA Aquamaster take me under his wing and give me guidance, and mostly importantly, friendship. I just got my enriched air certification, but it doesn't do me so much good as I suck down air so fast that I haven't gotten to stay down as long as I would like. Oh well, all good things come with time and practice, so I'm totally just enjoying the ride!

Just a shot in the dark, and it might be best for me to also post in another forum, but I'm going on a cruise in October. I'll be on the Carnival Legend 19-26 October as it goes to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, and Honduras. I'm looking to dive a couple of days, and while I know that dive ships will pair you up with people, it would be nice to know if anyone on the net is also going and/or if anyone has any experience with cruise ships, especially Carnival Line, and diving.

I look forward to "meeting new people" and "going new places." Anne

Welcome - I am also new to diving. So far I've done a Discover Dive in Belize - beautiful there and nice warm water! Then I got my OW and AOW in July/August of this year up at Dutch Springs. I'm looking forward to going back to the warmer, clear waters soon. I don't have experience with cruise ship diving so I'll be interested in hearing how it goes. My husband doesn't dive either so I've thought about going the cruise route so he could choose another activity while I am diving. Have a great time and let me know how it goes! Julie

welcome aboard

hi, Anne! Never dived Cozumel (never dived at all, actually) but the snorkeling there was awesome, so the diving must be even more so. When you get to Coz, don't bother with the cruise's arranged trips but hook up with a local dive shop - Blue XTSea is one I've seen recommended, and head out with them - the diving should be way better, with a smaller group. The forums over on Trip Advisor are good on purely travel related stuff, and some diving info (but I guess here is better for that...).

Back
Top Bottom