Another New ScubaPro MK25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoosier

Contributor
Reaction score

ScubaPro MK25 TIS2

Patented over balanced composite/stainless steel piston Faster dynamic response and extra high flow, ultra stable intermediate pressure at all tank pressure. Thermal Insulating System (TIS) on piston and spring Cold water resistant. Exceeds CE cold water diving requirements. Externally adjustable intermediate pressure (patent pending) Easy and fast adjustment by authorized technician. 5 High flow low pressure swivel ports/ Dual HP Ports

New wound conical single stainless steel wire filter Improved flow characteristics for absolute safety will prevent clogged filters from exploding. Enlarged water balancing chamber holes For cold water diving, improves heat transfer and increases resistance to freezing. Exceeds CE cold water norms at 300 bars.

DA and Dave, how do you think about this new one? Any info...(BTW, what is your name?)

Hi Hoosier,

WOW new generation MK25/TIS......great, do you have any photo?
Thank you for sharing

Cheer
Jason

Spoon:
yeah post some pics please

Spoon, there is no cosmetic difference with the new one. As I understood, it is an only internal change. It is only in EU and Asia market at this moment... As you may remember (I am sure you remember..LOL~~~) I am still looking for MK17 DIN, not from your hometown. I might get this new one if it can guarantee the cold water performance.. I doubt that SP will offer the upgrade kit. Sure, they know the business very well :)

prod_68_615.jpg

hoosier:
Spoon, there is no cosmetic difference with the new one. As I understood, it is an only internal change. It is only in EU market at this moment...

ayt thanks. im kinda shopping around for a spare rig, ive never owned another brand aside from poseidon. so im keeping an open mind.

Hi Spoon,

It seem no cosmetic remain the same, only new internal part...
How much market price?

Regards
Jason

Jason Ooi:
Hi Spoon,

It seem no cosmetic remain the same, only new internal part...
How much market price?

Regards
Jason

Jason, I am sure you can get it in Hong Kong right now....

hoosier:
I might get this new one if it can guarantee the cold water performance.. I doubt that SP will offer the upgrade kit. Sure, they know the business very well :)

ARE you limiting your choices to Scubapro only?

Spoon:
ARE you limiting your choices to Scubapro only?

Good question.

To begin with, I also have a question about your reg. Why are you using Poseidon?
I mean it is a famous reg for the cold water, but you are in a darn warm world....

No, I am only using Apeks and ScubaPro.

1. good regulator. I don't like ScubaPro company as much as PADI, but their reg is a good..
2. good resale value
3. accessibility to the parts.
4. I have all tools and manuals (even MK17 already) for SP and Apeks... LOL~~~ I invest too much already....:wink:
5. Apeks doesn't update their line that much and only cosmetic difference. Currently, I have Apeks ATX100s, too.

hoosier:
Good question.

To begin with, I also have a question about your reg. Why are you using Poseidon?
I mean it is a famous reg for the cold water, but you are in a darn warm world....

my first reg was an xtreme i fell in love with it. then my second reg was the older cyclon, fell in love with it. breaths great now problems whatsoever. awesome as well in warm water

my girlfriend has the black pearl and the atomics t1 they are great regs, have tried them both but i still preferr my poseidons. call me biased but i never had a reason to get another brand. btw had a atxq00 which i sold the very next day. they dint breath as well:)

Back
Top Bottom