Another new member from the Show-Me State

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

acorntree

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello!
I am brand new to the board and to diving. I haven't even finished my open water class yet. We go next weekend to the lake to finish up. But I love it already.
I didn't think I would ever do this. My oldest son took his open water last year. My husband had dove years ago with the fire department, but was never certified. Last year we went on vacation to Panama City Beach and both my sons and husband did a resort dive on the jetties. Just the thought of being under that much water freaked me out. This summer my husband and youngest son decide to get their open water. I waited till the last minute and then decided to give it a try. I knew that this would be the best time for me to try and I didn't really like the idea of sitting on shore while they had all the fun. At first I didn't think there was any way that I could do it, but I kept at it and now I love it! Oh, I'm still nervous about trying new things, but I know I can do it. I'm even going to do the stress and rescue class with them. I know the more skills I learn, the more confident I will become.
Sorry for the book! I have been reading the forum and realize that I have just scratched the surface in what there is to learn about this great sport. A whole new world has opened up to me and I can't wait!
Leah

Nice to meet another diver from Missouri. I just finished my OW certification and although it was incredible and exciting, I still share those nerves. I have been told by some that those "nerves" are what will keep me on my toes and safe. LOL Good luck with your final dives!!!

Back
Top Bottom