Another Fusion update - 20 dives in cave country

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

khacken

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently got back from doing 20 dives in cave country wearing the Fusion with Tech Skin.

These dives put the Fusion through the wringer as it got dragged over rocks during some visits to Ginnie and a little bit of rock climbing at Edwards. At first I had some fear that the suit would get torn to shreds. But after the first dive when my hands looked like someone took a cheese grater to it and the Fusion looked brand new, I knew I would have bigger things to worry about. (And yes, I was only on the floor when space forced me be there). The only pilling I got was from wayward velcro, but the same would happen on my wetsuits, so I don't really find that to be an issue.

The Fusion was great in the caves, nothing to snag on the rocks or grab the line. Bubble management, what bubble?

Getting into and out of the suit took a little longer than other suits, but not really a big deal.

The valve on the fusion would leak on the surface if left it all the way open. This is common for other drysuits, and I just closed it a little until I got to depth and added some air. Also, I just really hate those bilam socks. I have to wear a couple pairs of socks to fill the sock, but that allows too much air in the feet. With a neoprene sock, I could get away with less on my feet and lacing up tighter.

Overall verdict so far -- Excellent. The fusion stood up to the challenge and laughed at it. If the tech skin ever does wear out, just get another and change it out in five minutes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom