Another first timer to Fantasy Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Use the HSBC ATM's while you're down in Roatan. They dispense either Dollars or Lempiras (your choice).

As a former New Englander and NJ wreck diver, you'll find warm water diving much less stressful than diving the northeast....it may ruin you for cold water diving....just relax and have fun.

We will be arriving at FI Jan. 7 and staying till the 23rd. There will be 6 in the first group, then 10 more on Saturday the 9th, and 4 more on the 14th.We have been there 3 times before and really enjoy the resort. Looking forward to diving with you and can hardly wait till its time to go!

Snappahead, lets hope that doesn't happen. I love the water and can't afford to travel too much.

Scubaduo92, I look forward to meeting and diving with you.

Does anyone know what type of regulators they can service, I plan to bring kits with me just in case.
I had a problem with the high pressure seat on my mares reg and they took me over to cocoview to have them look at it... CCV did not have the part either. Bringing spare parts is never a bad idea!

Nope...no converters necessary - their power is the same as ours.

:

The rooms I have been in the remodeled section only have a two prong plug so if you need an outlet that has three prongs, ie laptop power cables usually have this, you will need a three-to-two prong adapter. When I stayed in the "older" section the outlets accepted the three prong type.

There are three prong outlets throughout the resort like in the dining rooms and area down by check-in and the bar all have three prong outlets for charging.

One thing, if you like to bath with a wash cloth bring your own. They only supply a drying bath towel and not a wash cloth.

Rodney

FI also has free security boxes to put any valuables (passport, money, tix, etc). Be sure to get one when you check in. The room is right next to the check-in counter and is usually locked.

As far as diving at night, I would just walk with my stuff right to the room and shower it all to rinse. Then hang it on the balcony to "dry"... sort of.

One other tip... try to get on a boat with a hard top vs canvas. If it rains, it will be more pleasant. Trust me, I know.

You will have a great time! Don't miss Calvin's Crack or Mary's Place if they go there and don't mix up the names! :)

BTW I'm from Springfield MA area.

Just don't showup on Saturday and expect to dive. I was on the island during the coup this summer, arrived Saturday noon, dumped the luggage, grabbed the gear only to be told I hate to wait for a dive briefing Sunday morning?!@#!@# Ah, no... wait for shore diving my arse.

If you want to dive the day you arrive make sure you get the resort manager to clear it before hand.

If I return I plan on staying at Anthony Keys

Just don't showup on Saturday and expect to dive. I was on the island during the coup this summer, arrived Saturday noon, dumped the luggage, grabbed the gear only to be told I hate to wait for a dive briefing Sunday morning?!@#!@# Ah, no... wait for shore diving my arse.

If you want to dive the day you arrive make sure you get the resort manager to clear it before hand.

Hate to rain on your parade, but that's very standard for AI's on Roatan. Same rule applies to Anthony's Key....you don't dive the day your arrive, you're assigned a boat and have to do a first "check out" dive at the dock first morning after your arrival at the resort.

We all think we're scuba gods, but the fact is that even Anthony's Key makes you do a check-out dive first. Good luck...

Check out dives are standard pretty much everywhere you have a responsible dive operator. I believe Cocoview lets you dive the first day IF you have been with them within a year or two. But other than that, they want to make sure you're ok underwater... It would be nice however if it was possible to arrange a private check out dive the day you get there, so you can dive right away... Just my 0.02$:coffee:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom