Another Day....Another CA Shore Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MASS-Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I dove at Old Garden today. Overall a nice dive, atlhough vis was not that great for winter (approx 15') - due to bad weather last week and maybe from a trawler working very close to shore.

Water temp still in the 40s at a steady 42deg from entry to 40'. Glad I had my dry gloves though.

Is the parking policy at OGB the same all year around, or is that only for summer?

In the winter (on the weekends) do I still have to dump all my stuff in the parking lot and park in the back streets?

Thx,
Matt

Not too much in terms of sea life - some nice anenomes and that's about it. I'm always looking for a "phantom" scallop bed that lies just behyond the outer reef, in the past I've found 1 or 2 lives ones (in about 50' of water), but, I've never been able to find the lot of them. I assume trawlers clear out almost of all them.

As far as parking goes, although the signs are still up, I've been told by a number of people that I consider very reliable that you CAN park in the lot during the winter and the last few dives I have parked there which is very nice this time of year.

Also, although the entry is still pretty easy, during the winter there a lot more rocks and a lot less sand on the beach so it's a little harder walk to the water.

and never had a problem parking in the lot. I've even met the local PD who said it was fine. I might be diving there New Years Day so we'll see :)

Back
Top Bottom