Another Darn Texan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Howdy from a fellow TEXAN and welcome to the board!!!

Glad to see you are going to take your OW, I hear that the Athens Scuba Park is a pretty cool place to dive and I am planning a trip there this sumer myself.:mean:

and a WARM what they said :stupid:

Howdy from another Texan!

Athens is a a nice place to learn to dive. Generally good conditions, and plenty of different underwater things to investigate (such as the plane, cabin cruiser, and others).

And you're lucky since once you get your o/w card, you've got a good venue to practice at. And that is one key to getting the different skills down....practice, practice, practice.

Who's your instructor? Calvin himself?

And we look forward to you joining us on one of our club dives very soon.

Thanks for the greatings and as for the training I spoke to Calvin and Jim. Looking forward to the class. You are right TexasMike it close to the house and the water looked clear.

I might of opps the name thing, over on the Swamp Divers pages I have the name rsr4224 but over on this board I have the swamper one. When the other web page starts maybe I can get Tom to change my name. Every one had cool fishy names and this is what my CB handle was in the 70' s so I used it

There are already too many of us Darn Texans on the board, but welcome anyway. Maybe sometime this year we will get to Athens to dive. Otherwise see ifyou can make it to Terrell.

Tom

Another Texan --- I do believe you deserve a great big YeeeeeeeHawwwwww, and Welcome to the board!!!

(When you get that OW done, let me know if the plane is still intact.)

Dave

Calvin is a very good instructor. You will definitely get some good training.

Since Athens Scuba Park is so popular, remember to always keep your eyes peeled for things that don't look natural. I have friends who have found several bits of dive equipment (knives, masks, etc) around the platforms and u/w attractions. Plus get Calvin to tell you his treasure hunting stories. He has even found several cannon balls(!!) in there.

The TSDT will probably mosey over there sometime this summer.

:bounce: welcome from Canada. This is a Cool boardEh?

Hi Swamper, welcome to the board. Hope you enjoy it here. Safe Diving.
Barry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom