Another callout maybe another long drawn out one.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I was the only diver on Swing shift and the team Sgt., old one, was the graveyard Sgt.. So for almost 4 hours we had two divers on.

We get a call of a mental, off his meds but strung out on Meth wanting to end it all. He tells his stoned mother he is going to jump in the lake and kill himself.

The family that gets stoned together is a family that should be stoned together.

A K-9 unit goes up and runs a track. The dog makes straight for Float and Boathouse row where he wants in the water real bad. The only evidence the guy might be in the water is the dog that isn’t wrong very often at all.

So being dark, a possible recovery and a major hazardous area I elect not to dive until morning at the earliest.

We do the new procedure on notifications and to our surprise the three tell us to do what we feel needs to be done and leave them alone. Huh? Capt., Lt. and Sgt.? Someone hit them right between the hemoridal eyes with a ball bat and didn't mention anything to us about it. We shall see what the AM brings.

So we did a surface search on each dock and found nothing.

Tomorrow is another day and a lot safer one for us.

I’ll keep you posted.

Here is the sat pic. It’s the Bayview area on Lake Pend Oreille.
http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?t=1&s=11&x=1332&y=13285&z=11&w=1
The far end of the upside down 4 leg "E" is our target area. It will be the upper one of the two.

Water in the mid 40's and 30-70' deep. Vis should be 50-100' easy

Gary D.

Good luck! Sounds like they might be finally shaping it up a bit! Safe diving...

Kayla

Gary D.:
We do the new procedure on notifications and to our surprise the three tell us to do what we feel needs to be done and leave them alone. Huh? Capt., Lt. and Sgt.? Someone hit them right between the hemoridal eyes with a ball bat and didn't mention anything to us about it. We shall see what the AM brings.
Gary D.

I suppose it would be too much to hope that they might actually show up and learn something? Good luck! At least there might be a light at the end of the tunnel.

Dan

Boater Dan:
I suppose it would be too much to hope that they might actually show up and learn something? Good luck! At least there might be a light at the end of the tunnel.

Dan
Had a chat with the new head of Marine today (the Sgt.). He said that he was going to get certified in OW ONLY just to have an idea as to what we do. Other than that he wants nothing to do with our duties. He will be incharge but we will run the show.

Also mentioned was why screw with a team that has been operating over 40 years with not a single day lost to injuries. Somebody sobered up. (In all that time only two have been treated and released at a hospital during Out Of State Training surface accidents but it wasn't our team that caused it, just our divers).

Someone filled a ball bat with lead before they took a swing between the eyes. I'm not even going to ask what happened but it didn't take long.

We just might return to normal.

As far as the dive for today we still don't know anything. It's a big lake with not much evidence yet.

Gary D.

Gary D.:
Had a chat with the new head of Marine today (the Sgt.). He said that he was going to get certified in OW ONLY just to have an idea as to what we do. Other than that he wants nothing to do with out duties. He will be incharge but we will run the show.

Someone filled a ball bat with lead before they took a swing between the eyes. I'm not even going to ask what happened but it didn't take long.

We just might return to normal.

As far as the dive for today we still don't know anything. It's a big lake with not much evidence yet.

Gary D.
Here's hopeing only all counts.
My fingers are crossed and (for the Germans) my thumbs are pressed.

Tom

Dirtbag showed his face this morning and got arrested.

He did go out to the end of the dock and took a wiz on the floathouse. So that explains why the dog was so insistant that he was there.

At least he's alive and now a guest at the Tax Payers Resort.

Gary D.

Gary:

I cannot follow the posts, did you actually get wet on this or were you holding off for better confirmation? Hopefully he will get a different judge than the last one who faked his suicide.

Dan

Boater Dan:
Gary:

I cannot follow the posts, did you actually get wet on this or were you holding off for better confirmation? Hopefully he will get a different judge than the last one who faked his suicide.

Dan
It was a risk – benefit decision they left up to me and I said no unless we got some more info. Just way to many entanglement hazards and leaking electrical crap you can’t get through safely at night.

The dive would have been nice but we stayed dry.

With them faking it we should get to finish them off when we catch them. This one is, or shortly was on Parole so he will be housed by the state for several more years.

Gary D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom