Anodize the silver parts of a G260

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No but that would be cool to have a custom colour G260. Personally I'd find a local business that can do Aluminium anodising professionally. It would first need to have the existing 'clear' anodising stripped and then be re anodised with another colour.

I know its possible to do DIY, I think it's oven cleaner will strip anodising but depending on a lot of variables it can etch the underlying aluminium and then your final result probably would look terrible. Not sure about technique for the anodising itself DIY but I have heard of it being done.

Check with a custom motorcycle builder shop like Harley chopper builders, etc for who's the best metal plater these days. Anodizing is fairly common on bikes but make sure whoever does it is familiar with small thin parts. Also try the larger camera shops for info. They get stuff replated too. DIY Anodizing and other plating kits are common in the world of Gunsmiths. Check places like Brownell's or Midway.

Hey Simpel have you looked at the very recent and the not very recent anodising threads on ScubaBoard

Caswell plating has a good online resource for doing it.

I have also messed around with painting aluminum. I used alodine to create a good surface to put the paint onto. I then used some rattle can tremclad primer and pain and baked it between coats and after it was done to make the finish very hard. Downside is that alodine is immensely toxic.

I wouldn't call it stupid Simpel and as there may be a line of people through life
that may choose to use that term it's best I think you don't join your own queue

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom