Annual service hassle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Biodiversity_guy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I went to my LDS in Oly, Wa (UWS) where I had purchased my Delta 4 reg setup a couple of years ago. It has received its 2 previous annual maintenance services, but when I took it in this weekend to get it serviced for a 3rd time, the LDS is telling me that Oceanic is insisting that I provide independent proof of purchase (my warranty card from years ago). In the past I just relied on the fact that UWS had my purchase in their customer tracking system, so that their data showed I had purchased it (plus registering it initially at the time of purchase).

Because I can not find my original warranty card, they are telling me Oceanic will not honor the "parts free, pay for labor" deal that was suppose to be part of the purchase.

Has anyone else run into this? Any easy solutions or thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

I went to my LDS in Oly, Wa (UWS) where I had purchased my Delta 4 reg setup a couple of years ago. It has received its 2 previous annual maintenance services, but when I took it in this weekend to get it serviced for a 3rd time, the LDS is telling me that Oceanic is insisting that I provide independent proof of purchase (my warranty card from years ago). In the past I just relied on the fact that UWS had my purchase in their customer tracking system, so that their data showed I had purchased it (plus registering it initially at the time of purchase).

Because I can not find my original warranty card, they are telling me Oceanic will not honor the "parts free, pay for labor" deal that was suppose to be part of the purchase.

Has anyone else run into this? Any easy solutions or thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Something doesn't sound right with this. It's hard for me to believe that Oceanic has allowed the service with free parts for the past few years and now all of a sudden they are not. It's especially odd that they won't even take the word along with the records of one of their own dealers for the purchase.

Makes me wonder if times are so tight that your LDS is looking for a way to earn a few extra bucks. I hope that's not the case but it just doesn't add up.

I have Scubapro regs and get them serviced every year from the shop I purchased them from and they keep up with all the records. I've never had to show anything. Hope you get it worked out.

I would make a call to Oceanic myself and find out the facts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom