Anilao vs Moalboal in January for Marine Life / Temp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Our old resort was in PG so used to do weekly trips to Verde. Now based in Anilao, we've done one in the last year, but it really is too far I find, we could offer it, but the boats are crazily expensive and its about a 1.5h to 2h trip, depending on conditions, and better to bring two boats for backup. We did it once, don't think we will offer it again. Verde is spectacular as a dive site, but the way I look at it you have parts of Verde all over Anilao. The top of Verde is very like sombrero island, clear water, lots of pretty coral and Sombrero is a lot less current, so can apreciate it more. The walls of verde you could compare to Ligpo Island or Kirby's rock. Verde often has jackfish on the corner, yet you can see them in greater abundance at Dive and Trek.

Verde is beautiful, but best to dive from PG in my opinion. It can be a dangerous dive site if the currents are too strong, and its a long way from Anilao if something went wrong.

Jon
www.blueribbondivers.com

Verde is beautiful, but best to dive from PG in my opinion. It can be a dangerous dive site if the currents are too strong, and its a long way from Anilao if something went wrong.

Jon
www.blueribbondivers.com

Wouldn't it be cheaper, faster, and safer to drive from Aniloa to Ilijan and launch from around the Ilijan power plant? Looking at a map, it's a shorter crossing from there than from Sabang.

Wouldn't it be cheaper, faster, and safer to drive from Aniloa to Ilijan and launch from around the Ilijan power plant? Looking at a map, it's a shorter crossing from there than from Sabang.
What kind of boat are you proposed to use? Dive boat from the resort or fishing boat from the local?

What kind of boat are you proposed to use? Dive boat from the resort or fishing boat from the local?

I'm asking the question not providing the answer. Depending on their trip demand, they could keep a boat somewhere around there. If they bring one from the resort at least they spare their customers the long rough ride.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom