Anilao temps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Went diving yesterday in Anilao. 2 dives in Mainit Point. The first dive had the normal temperature, averaging at 29 and getting quite warm nearer the surface. The second dive was colder, we already felt the chill as soon as we started our descent. We stayed deep at 25-30 meters (25mins at depth on the first dive, 20 on the next), and I would say you'd feel cold if you didn't have your wetsuit. So, yeah, bring your 3mm along, and you'd enjoy your dives even more :)

Oh, and yeah, we saw mantas! Woot! On the first dive they (2 mantas) didn't show up until the 25th minute of the dive at 24 meters. We only saw them for about 3 whole minutes. On the second dive, we spotted them on the 5th minute, at 30 meters. I saw 5 mantas on the second dive, and they were just swimming about for a good 10 minutes :) Awesome!!!

I swear, Anilao is proving to be one of the best dive sites here!

Thanks guys - I will bring the suit.

Just another question: the trip I'm going on is costing about 27k Pesos (550 USD). It's 5D/4N, all inclusive from Manila airport and back, with unlimited shore dives and probably at least 3 boat dives a day. Staying at Balai Resort.

Can anyone weigh in on whether this is a fair price? I am happy to pay it, but out of curiosity I
checked some rates, and it doesn't seem to stack up.

Does this seem about right to you? It's not being paid directly to the resort - I'm going through a local operator here.

Thanks.
i'm a balai regular and am always VERY happy with the place and the food...

27k sounds a bit steep for 5d/4n... but it does include transfers and unlimited shore dives... AND you're working through a middleman...

also anilao boat dives cost more if there are less people in the boat... and on weekdays that's normal as anilao is mostly done by manila-based divers...

so averaging 5k/ day all inclusive and w/o the hassle of making all the arrangements on your own i would say you're in good shape...

if you wanna save a few thousand pesos i can hook you up with the resort and you can ask for them to compute for you how much a similar package would cost...

Jag

Thanks guys - I will bring the suit.

Just another question: the trip I'm going on is costing about 27k Pesos (550 USD). It's 5D/4N, all inclusive from Manila airport and back, with unlimited shore dives and probably at least 3 boat dives a day. Staying at Balai Resort.

Can anyone weigh in on whether this is a fair price? I am happy to pay it, but out of curiosity I
checked some rates, and it doesn't seem to stack up.

Does this seem about right to you? It's not being paid directly to the resort - I'm going through a local operator here.

Thanks.

well balai really is on the higher end of the spectrum in terms of price, but then again 27k seems a little steep for 4n and you say youll 'probably' get 3 boat dives.

i suggest checking out aquaventure reef club for a better deal. they have a nice cozy resort and their local dm's are the best, especially for photography (look for abet). they also have the best food in all of anilao imho. their operations is very professional and streamlined and they have excellent cusotmer service. the rooms are also nice and cozy.
they have a website so just google it but if you want their direct reservations contact nos send me a pm

hope that helps

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom