Anilao temps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeaDLocK

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'll be making my maiden trip to the Philippines vis-a-vis Anilao in the middle of September.

What kind of temps should I expect?

I have been diving in Malaysian waters with a rash guard and bermudas and love the "freedom" and convenience. My 3mm suit has not seen any action since I tried to do without.

Would the temps be similar to what I find in Malaysian waters?

How deep is the typical dive there? I am going with a operator/DM who stays down as long as he can, and deco stops are occasionally part of the deal. If the dives are shallow, then even if the waters are warm I might have to suit up to avoid the chills.

Thanks!

If you,re going to be doing very long dives (60 min +), and several a day, I highly recommend you bring a 3mm fullsuit! You won't be too warm with it... And if you do stay longer, you won,t get as cold. Plus, there is the nasty stingy things you need to protect against...

Just my 0.02$:coffee:

Thanks guys - I will bring the suit.

Just another question: the trip I'm going on is costing about 27k Pesos (550 USD). It's 5D/4N, all inclusive from Manila airport and back, with unlimited shore dives and probably at least 3 boat dives a day. Staying at Balai Resort.

Can anyone weigh in on whether this is a fair price? I am happy to pay it, but out of curiosity I
checked some rates, and it doesn't seem to stack up.

Does this seem about right to you? It's not being paid directly to the resort - I'm going through a local operator here.

Thanks.

5d/4n, $550? Unlimited shore dives? 3 boat dives a day?
Thats a good price, but when you go, look up nearby places that might be less. You can make your own arrangements next time.
My wife and I paid $18/n in Puerto Galera 2005, but found other places that would charge less if we had stayed with them.
The Philippines are a $ bargain!!

update: made 2 dives today over in Mainit and Twin Rocks and the water temps were 82F and 86F, respectively (Suunto). The 2nd dive was at an average depth of 35 ft.

Always good, DL.

no mantas but lots of fish action. The barracudas (bunch together and forming like a thick wall) gave us quite a display to look at 80ft before the drop off. The down current was biting a little, kinda difficult to ascend towards the shallows. Very nice dive

Ps - the last time I did mainit was in aug 07 : ).

Back
Top Bottom