Anilao shore diving and where to stay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WoodyLompoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
As we will be passing close to Anilao on an upcoming trip, we thought adding a couple days of shore diving would be a nice addition.

Does anyone have any suggestions of hotels that would have an on site shop with a convenient house reef?

I have heard Dive and Trek mentioned. Are they a good call / are there more options in the area?

We are doing a week and a half of boat divibg after, so we are just interested in the beach diving aspect of this area.

Thanks

Dive & Trek is my regular spot (about every other month) and has an amazing house reef, complete with False Clownfish, assorted small fish species, Nudis, Painted Lobster, Wrasse, Grouper, and (usually) two schools of Jackfish (one smaller school of smaller sized Jacks in the "snorkeling" area, and a large school of large Jacks just off a sand slope near Bat Cave @ 20~30 meters deep). I like the staff, atmosphere, and food at D&T, although the rooms are old. (Their diver rate also includes unlimited tanks for shore dives.)

But there are many many boutique dive resorts along Anilao's shores. I don't think it's possible to really go wrong. Some of the resorts don't have a lot to offer shore diving, some do. Casa Escondida is a great property with awesome staff, but is all boat dives.

Blue Ribbon is another fantastic option, and the operator is a member here at SB.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom