Anilao - pictures and short trip report (Buceo Anilao)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andreni

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all

I always check scubaboard for getting the information i need to plan my dive holiday. So now it's time to give something back.

In August I've been to Anilao for the first time (luckily no rain). Stayed with Buceo Anilao, which I really liked. The hotel is nice and new. Huge rooms! Food was very good (yammie, mango float!) and we enjoyed the good service and the lovely staff. There are quite steep stairs to the bungalows on top. Nice side effect: I didn't put on weight :D ... You can see stunning sunsets from the resort, which we enjoyed every evening from the pool or our balcony. They have a huge camera room with enough plug ins and light. Plenty of rinsing tanks.

But now the most important part: the diving. We had our own dive guide (Elmar) which we liked a lot, because I could take my time to take pictures. We did up to 4 dives (possible would be 5) a day. All the important things where there: hairy frogfish, nudies, bumblebee shrimps, blue ring octopus, etc. Unfortunately we didn't see too many octopus except for the blue ringed one. I was surprised that there are also places with loads of healthy coral and schools of anthias. My favourite place was the wreck next to the small island (don't remember the name), where we found a Lembeh sea dragon, two frogfish, a leaf fish and the blue ringed octopus. Visibility was ok for muck diving.

I put the pictures on my flickr-account: https://www.flickr.com/photos/129373933@N02/albums

If you have any questions, pm me :).

Cheers!

I'm looking at possibly going here next year July.
What is the beach like in front of the resort? We will be taking our 3yr old. He loves the beach and swimming in the sea. Are there lots of rocks in the shallows or can you swim?
Also is there any decent snorkeling right by the resort?
Some great shots. And I didnt know they got Rhinopias there too! Nice!!

When we were there it wasn't really a beach but only rocks (the latest taifun blew away all the sand...). In the water are lots of sea urchins, even with the booties on, we were always very carefull. Once you are in, you can go for a swim. We also liked the pool very much. For breaks between dives or watch the sunset..

I don't think the sea in front of the resort is suitable for snorkeling as there are no corals. They will probably take you with the boat to places suitable for snorkeling but as we did only diving I'm not sure about this.

Yes, the Rhinopias were just at the house reef. Thank you. Glad you liked the pictures I'm always keen to improve.

Just a short comment to the review of Andreni. As far as I know, only 4 dives possible per day, not 5. But diving time is not limited to 60 minutes, so a really good deal :)
All the best
Dive Traveller

Back
Top Bottom