ANILAO- 'must do' dive sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

anyone of you tried to dive around submarine beach resort (Lobo)

they say there is a nearby light house, near that light house would be a dive site where large groupers hang around. size around a volswagen beetle. its at a depth of 30+meters.

the guy i talked to then, owns a resort nearby and has a compressor that fills two thanks in 1 hour.

the guy is partially paralized, due to one of their diving escapades with the groupers.....

Yep I've heard about that too. There seem to be other sites as well. Let's try it sometime. :eyebrow:
(the dive sites, not the paralysis :D)

Matthew / paolov,

If you find that grouper - I'd love to see a pic or maybe get to see it next time I manage to get to your excellent bit of the world.

We also had a site here in Taiwan with a 'huge' 1.5m + length tame grouper on it, until some prat decided to go and spear it .. :devil: ... so don't advertise if you find it !

Cheers, and safe diving.

Last edited:
I Dive Anilao frequently:

In order of quality:

Beatrice 1 and 2 (current!)
Mainit Point (Current!)
Sepok wall (go deep)
Sombrero (easy dive)
Ligpo Island (go deep)

What/where is Beatrice 2? Is it a separate site or a part of Beatrice as we know it?

My own 'must do' list:

1. Beatrice
2. Mainit Point
3. Twin Rocks
4. Bahura
5. Ligpo (huge 1m++ groupers are lately being seen there also)

[video=vimeo;19780363]http://vimeo.com/19780363[/video]

Ok. Got back from Anilao! What an amazing weekend!! The weather was ok- a little bit choppy and windy on the way to the first morning dive on saturday, but the ret of the time the sea was nice and flat.
I did five dives: 1.Kirby's Rock- amazing vis, beautiful wall, saw two giant blueish frog fish..the biggest frogfish I have ever seen!!! They were massive! Octopus x 2, pigmy sea horse, countless amounts of scorpion fish and lots of different morays. 2. Mainit Point- a little bit dissapointed.... poor vis, no current (new moon so didn't expect much..), 2 blue ribbon eels..but nothing else to see.. I will have to go back there when there is a bit of current :) 3. Twin Rocks- most of the time the vis was 1m!! however we saw a big rhinopia!! DM said that he hasn't seen one on this dive yet! It was big and super cool! Once we got to the rock the vis improved and the hundreds of schooling jacks appeared- it was stunning! Also very big school of bright yellow fusiliers in the middle of jacks- beautiful contrast. Caban Cove- nice easy dive, good vis, mind-blowing amount of anthias and blue trigger fish. Sombrero- vis was amazing, around 30m, interesting topography, again millions of fish everywhere (not as varied as puerto galera but much bigger numbers), I like the movement of the ocean/waves that I could feel even on 20 meters...
Over all super happy with diving there- Im going back for more in October!!!

Ok. Got back from Anilao! What an amazing weekend!! ) 3. Twin Rocks- most of the time the vis was 1m!! however we saw a big rhinopia!! DM said that he hasn't seen one on this dive yet! It was big and super cool! Once we got to the rock the vis improved and the hundreds of schooling jacks appeared- it was stunning! Also very big school of bright yellow fusiliers in the middle of jacks- beautiful contrast.

Rhinopia in Twin Rocks? May I know at what depth and location relative to the twin rocks? I dive there almost every weekend and its the first time I heard of your discovery. They're reported regularly in another site further down from Secret Bay in a spot called Red Rock.

In between Kirby's and Sombrero is the underwater reef called Bahura. If your're dead set on currents, dive it around 10:00am to 12:00 noon when you see the surface water rolling. Descend using boat's anchor rope.

Hi Prandyulo- That's what my Divemaster said as well. This was the first time he saw rhinopia there. I think it was on around 15m. The visibility was really bad and it was my first dive there so would be hard to tell exact location. We jumped in on the right side of Planet Dive, swam really slow pace to the left and 15 minutes into the dive we saw it. The rock with all the jacks was 10 minutes later (again, slow paced swim on the same depth...) I hope this helps..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom