Anilao May 2013

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seansrs36

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently went diving in the Philippines. I went to Anilao and stayed at the Crystal Blue Resort. I had a very good time there. The staff there is really awesome. Here is a link to the pictures that I took while there:

Anilao May 2013

Anilao is the land of macro. It is an awesome place. Lots of critters to photograph. If anyone knows the name of the various nudis or fish that are not titled please feel free to comment on them.

Thanks,

Sean

You've got some nice shots there, Sean (I looked at them again after you initially sent me the link). I think we'll be struggling with the IDs on a number of the species for weeks or months to come!

You've got some nice shots there, Sean (I looked at them again after you initially sent me the link). I think we'll be struggling with the IDs on a number of the species for weeks or months to come!

Thank you for the compliment. I have been using Kevin Lee's site and those books you recommended and nudipixel.com. I don't even know where to start for some of thiis stuff. The nudi books are good but I have sit there and go through each page and then if there is a color variation I am really confused.

Look forward to seeing your video once it is done.

Man there was just so much stuff to photograph there in Anilao.

Really nice images. Thanks for sharing them.

I just love it when I see a critter I filmed in one of the field guides and the guide says "Undescribed." So many interesting and unnamed species there. Even with the four field guides I'm stumped quite often.

I just love it when I see a critter I filmed in one of the field guides and the guide says "Undescribed." So many interesting and unnamed species there. Even with the four field guides I'm stumped quite often.

Here is one that even people on wetpixel.com do not know what is:

---------- Post added June 14th, 2013 at 09:05 PM ----------

Here is another of my favorites do far. This was taken during a night dive:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom