Anilao in October for experienced liveaboard divers ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ronscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello everyone.

As my wife and I have gotten a little older, we are really appreciating the conveniences of liveaboard diving. We are considering Anilao Aiyanar as it seems close to liveaboard conveniences and there are non stop flights out of NY. October looks to be the beginning of the ideal time to dive with water temps around 81 degf.

Are their any unexpected experiences or situations we should be aware of before we make our decision ?

If you do not want any possibility of divine intervention then Feb to early Apr would be better. Water will be a bit colder but not freezing cold. This is tropic afterall.
There are plenty of posts on Anilao so a bit of reading would certainly help.
I remember one resort would require further boat transfer so.....
Some will offer unguided shore dive......

If you want convenience then PG across the channel would be hard to beat. Boat goes out for one dive and then return to base. And there is NO extra charge for the boat/DM etc etc. You and your wife could be the only divers on the boat!

I would probably wait until making a decision about coming to PG/Anilao/VIP area to see how the spillage of oil is moving on the next days/weeks.

Isla Verde is now closed from PG, and there is a risk if the oil keep moving east that several dive spots would be shutten down.

Would they be in October ? Who knows..

I
Hello everyone.

As my wife and I have gotten a little older, we are really appreciating the conveniences of liveaboard diving. We are considering Anilao Aiyanar as it seems close to liveaboard conveniences and there are non stop flights out of NY. October looks to be the beginning of the ideal time to dive with water temps around 81 degf.

Are their any unexpected experiences or situations we should be aware of before we make our decision ?
I've been to Aiyanar three times. Great resort. But, it has a LOT a steps up and down between housing and dining and boats. They carry your camera and gear, but there are a LOT of steps.

I

I've been to Aiyanar three times. Great resort. But, it has a LOT a steps up and down between housing and dining and boats. They carry your camera and gear, but there are a LOT of steps.
Do they have a nice house reef for snorkelers? Thanks!

Do they have a nice house reef for snorkelers? Thanks!
yes we do... almost all the free divers train on our house reef..

I

well as most people who dive anilao know... steps are a part of the experience. :) youll be hard pressed to find a resort that doesnt have them. I think our steps are actually the gentlest and broken up nicely by the different areas of the resort.

Back
Top Bottom