Anilao housereef ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is there any resort in Anilao where the boats return to the resort after every dive? Thanks
That is an option with Casa Escondida Anilao Resort & Dive Center. I think it is an extra 2,000 PHP for the boat.

Reactions: CWK
Hello,

The aiyanar house reef is a great place to find some macro critters. Always present are ribbon eels... lemon gobys in a bottle, rhino shrimp... etc etc. Also on the house reef is a large colony of mandarin fish which is a great photo dive.

Buceo does have a house reef. It is a macro site but it can vary in quality, sometimes it is a critter powerhousewith loads of macro subjects, other times it's not so good and varies. I saw my first Halemeda Ghost Pipe pair there on the housereef after many trips all over Indonesia and the Philippines. The guides thought I was silly when I was all excited and dancing underwater, they were talking amongst themselves and laughing so I told them it would be like if they saw a Manta Ray on one of their dive sites.
At Buceo I belive you can just book two dives a day. Many of the sites are in close range to the resort with most in 30 minutes or less. If you are looking for specific creatures they will know what site they have been seen on or check with other guides.
this is the biggest difference between the diving svc of Buceo and Aiyanar. Ussually a buddy team that booked together will be assigned their own guide and their own boat at Aiyanar, groups are kept to max 4 divers per guide a bigger group will get an extra guide, Divers choose their own schedules... and since we do speedboats rather than bancas, boat rides are usually 15mins or less... if you have a 20plus minute ride you're probably going to the farthest sites. Verde island is reachable in 50mins during the philippine summer months when the seas are flat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom