Anilao: Different critter action and abundance Nov /Dec vs Apr/May?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tiburonarizona

Registered
Reaction score
I realize water temps in Anilao will be warmer in Apr & May (and more crowded). I've read somewhere that more critters are regularly seen during cooler water temps. I don't want to go in Jan, but is there a big difference between Nov/Dec or Apr/May in what you'll see? Understand it also depends on possibility of inclement weather, but otherwise, any major difference? How about moon cycles? Jawfish eggs few days before the full moon?

I have been living in Puerto Galera for 8 years, the really significant change in water temp happens around mid-Feb, I have had it as low as 70 F during this time. Comparing Nov/ Dec to Apr/ May yes it's less crowded, we sometimes get low-pressure areas or late typhoons in Nov/ Dec and it is quite rainy sometimes. Critter wise some prefer the colder water, things like Coleman shrimp and ghost pipefish seem more abundant to me in the colder times but that is just my personal opinion.

Back
Top Bottom