Angry as heck! Please help! Turtle Nests in Danger!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The article you posted made it sound like trade relations with the US were the only reason they had regulations at all.

I sent an email to caracol tv as well. Thanks for spotlighting this.

The article you posted made it sound like trade relations with the US were the only reason they had regulations at all.

I sent an email to caracol tv as well. Thanks for spotlighting this.

The guy who wrote the article is a bit of a muckraker. Unfortunately, at this time, this is the type of coverage we need.

GREAT NEWS! While the Survivor show and the sets are still in place, I received word yesterday late afternoon that the sets are going to be moved to a less sensitive area (to a beach that does not have turtle nesting). While it has not officially happened yet, it does appear as if we have won our battle! I can't thank all of you enough who sent your words of outrage to us. It provided the ammunition we needed to succeed in our quest to help save endangered sea turtles in Bocas del Toro. THANK YOU for your support!

Thats great news!! Lets hope that they definatly do move and if not, well members... we'de better continue this mission!!!

I am glad to hear, keep us posted.

That's great to hear Jon, I missed it while I was out on vacation and just remembered the thread. Thanks for helping to make it happen!

We have hit a brief, but hopefully temporary, roadblock. survivor has agreed to move, but they are awaiting a new permit for the new site. The mayor has been out of town for a week, but supposedly he returns Monday and signs the new permit.

For those of you who have been following our fight and for all of you who have taken time to write emails in support of our fight to protect the turtles of Bocas del Toro, there is an excellent article in this month's edition of our local paper. Some of your emails have been included in this issue. The link is: The Bocas Breeze Newspaper: News and info about Bocas del Toro Panama. :: May / Mayo 2010 Volume 7 Issue 5

Thanks for all your help!

I am glad to read that things are moving in a more positive direction for the turtles over there! :)

I have just sent a letter to the paper and forwarded your story to staff members of the Seattle Aquarium. I think your story is a great example on how 'ordinary' people can make a difference!

Yesterday at the aquarium a visitor was very concerned about what has been happening in the Gulf of Mexico. My supervisor suggested him to write to politicians/newspapers etc... expressing his views about the oil spill. I wish I knew this story then so I could showed him that things are not as hopeless as they seem.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom