Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I cant believe they would not take a group of paying divers out for more dives!! Just nuts!!

Other than there strange business model that the dive shop has, how was the resort??
Is seems to be quite chilled and relaxed.
Would you recommend the place for a family (with 2 young boys) that is looking to chill and relax in paradise and get the occasional dive in?

Their thinking seems to be that divers can just buddy up and do self-guided dives in the house reef. This was probably a better option before El Niño caused it to become pretty bleached.

The resort itself is OK but it's small. You can rent kayaks and there are day trips you can book, of course they can be cancelled or postponed due to weather. I did like that my bungalow was right on the beach and the ocean was just steps away. That was amazing. However, when I go to the Maldives next I will either go during better weather and/or I will book a liveaboard, or stay at a more dive focused resort or at one of the local homestays that focuses on diving.

The BIG El Nino hit was in 1998. There was a minor bleach in 2010 and then in 2017 as well. Have only been to a few, but house reefs 0-5 metres in general in quite bad shape since a long time. Resorts near deep channels where water flows in -- has faired a little better. December-April generally calmer and dryer and diving on the east side of atolls brings clear water in that period.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom