Andrea Doria Death

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another rebreather death; that makes at least 10 deaths of very experienced divers using rebreathers in just the last four years.

I'm watching an Andrea Doria documentary on PBS right now that has David Bright in it as an historian. So very sad.

I too was watching the Andrea Doria documentary on PBS.
David was honored at the end with a memorial statement.
I guess I did not realize he was so young.
It is sad and a real loss to the diving and research
community.

Mack Diver:
The story also made it on CNN. It's sad to lose a fellow wreck lover, but he died doing what he loved. Based on the article, it brings to question if there may have been a cardiac event that led to or contributed to the dcs.

Yeah, well I love to target shoot but I'll be damned if I want to die by being hit with back-splatter from a bullet.

Does anyone really want to die while diving? Would we go and do a dive if we knew we were going to die during or immediately after due to something going drastically wrong?

Cripes.

Getting caught up in a lift bag when I have a deco obligation is something that scares me. Recently I have taken to inflating lift bags from the hose deflator. Just put the hose under the bag and dump air into it. This has the advantage that your bouyancy stays constant. Make sure you are well clear of the bag then let it go.You will need to breathe in and add air to the wing so that you do not drop down too far,but that beats the heck out of getting dragged to the surface.

If the reel snags/tangles LET IT GO

Back
Top Bottom