Andaman coast weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Koh Ha lagoon has a few frogfish, Maggy. And there's a seahorse at six (or five, depending on who you talk to). And Quero has a point. I did see a whaleshark on the backside of Koh Ha Yai only five days ago. It was cruising by at a bout 6 to 8m on our safety stop.

Still, brrrrrrrrr...... give me some 29 degrees!!!!

Windy! Air is quite fresh and cool.. wind forecasts look like things are getting calmer as from tomorrow. Please do check my Phuket weather blog for reports, photos, links etc...

Seas have been bouncy, trips not able to get to Hin Daeng in recent days, or Richelieu Rock, but tonight already feels calm.. and there's certainly no rain. The "hot season" is starting!

Batfish, thanks for your reply. Cool site and now I know a little more about the current weather situation.

I have never been freezing in Thailand, so it feels strange that it was cold. But I pack a long sleeved t-shirt in case I need it.

That must be unusual for this time of the year.

Actually this weather is quite normal...the NE monsoon always intensifies this time of year with cold dry winds blowing across from China...It will stop very soon and then we will go into a period of scattered isolated thunderstorms...the weather will be great until the end of May beginning June at which time you can even sometimes see waterspouts forming offshore... Its quite nice...

Surf and Dive Charters to North Sumatra, Simeulue, and Banyak Islands.

...the weather will be great until the end of May beginning June at which time you can even sometimes see waterspouts forming offshore... Its quite nice...

Those waterspouts are indeed very cool. I've seen them quite a few times between Richelieu Rock and Koh Bon/Tachai. It's NO fun though to have them too close to your boat...

Koh Ha lagoon has a few frogfish, Maggy. And there's a seahorse at six (or five, depending on who you talk to). And Quero has a point. I did see a whaleshark on the backside of Koh Ha Yai only five days ago. It was cruising by at a bout 6 to 8m on our safety stop.

Still, brrrrrrrrr...... give me some 29 degrees!!!!

That sounds great! What do you mean by "at six"? At a depth of six meters?
If I see a whale shark, I guess my pulse will raise a bit. Can't imagine how exciting that would be.

Brrrrr -12C here today. Also want 29:D!

Actually this weather is quite normal...the NE monsoon always intensifies this time of year with cold dry winds blowing across from China...It will stop very soon and then we will go into a period of scattered isolated thunderstorms...the weather will be great until the end of May beginning June at which time you can even sometimes see waterspouts forming offshore... Its quite nice...

OK, then I guess I have been lucky when visiting in January before. Always had good weather. Maybe I remember one bumpy boat ride, but that was it. Anyway, the weather is what it is and won't ruin a vacation. I was just a bit curious if the reports I have heard, were accurate.

You can get an idea by looking at this page from the Thai Marine Meteorological Center:
Tsunami type 1. and this page from the Meteorological Department: Thai Meteorological Department--Southern (West Coast)
Basically wind is forecasted to pick up significantly in the next few days, but remain mostly from the East. So in the next day or so waves should stay below 50cm but may rise above 1 meter by mid next week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom