Andaman Closures?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just got back from Similans LOB. There are still plenty of sites to dive however the condition is not too good...plenty of dead corals around. Situation at Koh Bon is slightly better though.

Just got back from a 10 day cruise of the Andaman Sea.
Phi Phi Islands (Bida Nok and Bida Nai) very nice soft corals, lots of fish.
Koh Haa, lots of soft corals, lots of fish
Sharkpoint and Anemone Reef , see above

Similan Island, only two small spots closed, the rest ok for diving. Not many soft corals, mainly big boulders and interesting scenery. At some places dead hardcorals in the shallows, (Island 9)

Koh Bon , very good Manta action, lots of fish, but also dead hard corals on the western site. Great if you see mabtas

Koh Tachai pinnacle, big boulders, tons of fish, also there we had two mantas

Richelieu Rock- world class, lots of macro (harlequin shrimp, sea horse, ghost pipe fish)

Surin Islands- most of the places are closed, I have been there two weeks ago and the diving was not good anyway. So uyou dont miss much.

I thiunk the only negative thing is that there are so many boats with snorkelers and divers out there. We had 8 lob on richelieu rock, 11 lob in Koh Bon.
So the dive guides need to plan good that you avoid the other 100 divers.

Oue season is finished we are off to Andaman Islands and have a look what the season brings over there

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom