Anchored boat story 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was wondering what Adventure #3 was going to be! I just didn't realize I would be in it!

Actually, after getting back to the line (which was not an easy chore at 3 knots or so!), it was quite a relaxing ride. I didn't realize that our ascent rate was actually that until I checked my log later also. In any case, I wasn't going to let go of that line no matter what! It took too much to get there.

That octopus was really awesome. UP figured around 35 lbs or so if I remember correctly.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

I not really sure how we did it. .....

Think Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark!! That was the music going thru my head while I was hanging on!

Blimey!

I must be in the wrong job (and the wrong country!).

To take a decent dive boat out in the UK we need about eight divers to share the cost.

UP, ever thought about a lifestyle swap?

Nice thing about So Cal.

There is always someone who'll go for a boat ride. Usually 2 someones.

When I had my boat, I always had a couple of tenders.

OH MAN THAT WAS THE FUNNIEST THING IVE READ IN AGES

HOW DID YOUR BOTTOM TIME GO

art.chick if you animate it i soooo wana download it

i could just imagine having a nice peacful dive when you here clanking and 2 divers holding on to a chain shoots past at 4 knots

lol :D

Great stories Uncle Pug!

Where the hell is the USCG in Puget Sound? I can't imagine it is legal to dive off an unattended boat. In Canada we got a big sized ticket for diving off an unattended boat, but that was in Fathom Five Marine Park.

crispos once bubbled...
I can't imagine it is legal to dive off an unattended boat.
... by all rights I ought to have a day mark ( black anchor ball) hanging from the rafters... but nobody seems to use them around here.

As for diving off of an anchored and unattented boat... no problem... I've done it for a loooooong time.

We anchor our trawler and row the dingy to shore with an 8hp Yamaha ... sometimes leaving the boat for hours hanging on the hook out there... and that is perfectly fine.

So what's wrong with leaving Uncle Pug at anchor and swimming to the bottom?

:D

My sides hurt! A LOT! LOL!

You're obviously much more experienced divers than I am. . .but what a couple of *insert Steve Martin Impression here* Wiiiiild, and uh craazy guys!

I gotta dive once with you characters before I die. That goal should be posted in the "ten best dives" thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom