Anacapa Report Aug. 9

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Much thanks to caloy, Dennis, alcina, kapula, Jam, lwronk, abitton.

pakman - never! I avoid nudibranchs with Trojan colors :)

Larry I long for the good old days when Cal was a doormat. Have a great Vision trip!! If you see any black sea bass don't tell me.

One more. Those brittle stars sure make a nice negative space:

tube_anemone_s.jpg

Thanks Billy. This trip was all your fault, you know. I got inspired by your black sea bass photos. Even though I didn't see one, it was good to see Ted and be out at the island again. All right, if you insist here are a few more:

Black sea bass (yeh right :D ):

calico_nose.jpg

Slightly smaller, more colorful black sea bass:

island_kelpfish1_s.jpg

parabolic:
Thanks Billy. This trip was all your fault, you know. I got inspired by your black sea bass photos. Even though I didn't see one, it was good to see Ted and be out at the island again.

Can they get any better? I think not. Crazy shot of whatever kind of goby looking fish that is.

I'll be on the Sunfish tomorrow and will be sure to take a few more pics of Black Sea Bass just to rub it in. :)

Billy the Boastful

Billy
OK they are not black sea bass. The first one is a calico bass (at least it's a bass) and the second one is an island kelpfish. Please post a report with photos on your Sunfish trip.

Hey Ken, you're really going to hate me now. Either that, or do anything you can to dive with me. I went out on the Sunfish today but not as a diver, as a deckhand(so I didn't bring the camera, IDIOT) to help out the best DM in California, Rickster, and Captain Andy. Words cannot describe the conditions. We estimated, by the amount of rope on the stern anchor line and the water-line of the boat, 120+ft of vis. It was so warm that I dove with just my rashguard and boardshorts. Amazing!!! I was about 4ft off the bottom on my last dive when a 4 1/2ft bat ray swan right underneath me. This occurred about 10 minutes after seeing 3, count em 3, Black Sea Bass!!! This was by far the craziest I have ever seen California diving!! My friend, you would have cried. I just wish I had the photos to prove it.

You need to book a trip on the Sunfish with the best captain and DM california has to offer. We found new dive spots today, including 2 ridiculous lobster spots. The Sunfish website www.socaldive.com tell them Billy sent you.

Sincerely,

Billy the Blessed

Aaaargh. OK I am convinced. I just looked at the Sunfish website. I am going to try to get on their trip for next Tuesday. I appreciate the recommendation, I will tell them you sent me :)

Thanks,

++Ken++

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom