Anacapa on the Peace

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bvanant

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Last Sunday a bunch of us went diving at Anacapa Island on the Peace. SeanSRs has some neat pictures here
http://www.ocdiving.com/gallery2/ma...2_itemId=35686&g2_fromNavId=x3b81cb5e]Anacapa Island 072510

Some of mine are below
4850147055_d21e70caac_b.jpg

4850145997_db8573c5dd_b.jpg

4850143729_1e2468248d_b.jpg

4850763380_9e1d0f77b7_b.jpg

4850141727_71271e066d_b.jpg

4850140963_539fa9b3e9_b.jpg

4851156545_0c48f47c98_b.jpg

Great macro shots Bill! I especially like the Spanish Shawl. How is the Peace? I have yet to hop a ride on that vessel.
Get Wet!

Wow! Is that some kind of snail on the gorgonian in the first picture?

I love the kelp leaf, with the iridescence.

Super Macro shows us a whole different perspective on a dive. Thanks for posting these.

Nice! I like the Hermissenda with the Brittle star. We just got off the Peace yesterday after 3 days on Cortes Bank, San Clemente and Santa Barbara (dictated as such by the Navy, who kicked us off Cortes Bank). The Hermissenda were everywhere. I'll post pics when I get done downloading and processing all 300 of them. First, I have to finish digesting all of Joe's delicious meals!

Wow! Is that some kind of snail on the gorgonian in the first picture?

I love the kelp leaf, with the iridescence.

Super Macro shows us a whole different perspective on a dive. Thanks for posting these.

Its a snail called a simnia. They come in many different patterns.
Bill

Loved seeing the Simnia. Recently Ruth Harris took me to see two mating individuals on a golden gorgonian (interesting as I have only seen them on red gorgonians before). Of course with my eyes I couldn't even see them... had to look at my high def video footage!

Would you allow me to use that image (with full credit of course) in my upcoming newspaper column about the mating Simnia?

It's the red and white snail on the gorgonian in the first photograph.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom