An interesting Early Trade Mark USD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simonbeans

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have in my collection this interesting early USD Trade Mark Regulator. I am not sure what it is, but here is what I do know and let us invite speculation.
029AE9A0-CF3D-43D5-856B-9E5A46DAF79B.jpeg
IMG_0234.jpg
AFE9FA97-DED5-42E4-9FCA-4DF5163A48C3.jpeg

E92252AC-1DF7-4703-BCF9-2B5E010E2341.jpeg

The PREVIOUS is borrowed from:
Phil Nuytten
Historical Diving Society -Canada

p. 29-30

BA4C0405-932A-4C1B-B14D-589B6512965F.jpeg

I have had this for sale. I have heard all sorts of prices. Recently I was offered $300 but I am an honest guy and told him and YOU that although it does appear to be a Red Label or maybe a Green or an Early Blue, I was not sure. As a result, I put one of my REPRO Red labels on it. That made my PERSONAL collection more complete, sort of.
So, I will entertain offers knowing and telling you I am not sure which it is. It does however have all the features of these Early Trade Mark Regulators.

I have in my collection this interesting early USD Trade Mark Regulator. I am not sure what it is, but here is what I do know and let us invite speculation. View attachment 801260View attachment 801265View attachment 801261
View attachment 801262
The PREVIOUS is borrowed from:
Phil Nuytten
Historical Diving Society -Canada

p. 29-30

View attachment 801263

I have had this for sale. I have heard all sorts of prices. Recently I was offered $300 but I am an honest guy and told him and YOU that although it does appear to be a Red Label or maybe a Green or an Early Blue, I was not sure. As a result, I put one of my REPRO Red labels on it. That made my PERSONAL collection more complete, sort of.
So, I will entertain offers knowing and telling you I am not sure which it is. It does however have all the features of these Early Trade Mark Regulators.
Allan, I have never seen any regulator like it. Looks very ‘Heavy Duty’ to me. Do you have any photos of ‘insides’ of this one?
Scott G. Bonser

Hey Allan, thanks for the response and picture….pretty much what I expected. As I get more into the ‘really ancient’ regulators, I like to see what makes ‘em ‘tick’. For what it is, a really nice specimen. Thank You again.
SGB

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom