Ambon vs Lembeh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove both - Lembeh and Ambon.
Lembeh (3 times) stayed in Bastianos - good management, exelent dive guides (Yap, Oppo, Ranto).
Ambon (1 time) stayed in Blue Rose - more cheap than DIA and Maluku and they are located just in Laha. Accommodation is budget, but i had everything I need (bed, hot water and air-con).
Underwater creatures are different. Both places are good for macro, but they are really different. On Ambon I was no lucky with Psyhedelic FF, but saw different Rhinopias, different nudies, Coleman shims, Zebra crab, Ribbon eels, Harlequin shrimps, etc. And definitely want to come back to Ambon again!

Have only done check out dives before Banda Sea LOB But I kinda was intrigued by Ambon. Lembeh is getting a little too on the map for my liking.

First dive rolled straight into top of a trio of rhinopias, lots to see, got migraine mid dive had interesting eel in crevice on rock I was hanging onto while feeding fish. I do recall being impressed with critters and thinking I could spend all day pottering around here finding things before my head split in half. Intend to go back.

Back
Top Bottom