Ambon hotel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have only been to where Dive into Ambon was and when it now is…

Where they are now is pretty good- decent rooms by what I have seen of cities like Ambon. They have a big sunny pool with a beautiful view of the water, a bar, and a kind of expensive spa for massages, and OK food. I know you need AC and that is good to go.

Maluku Resort & Spa

Maluku Divers is also good for overnight. Should add a few days diving in the bay if you're into macro. Several LOB's use this as a transfer point.

Should add a few days diving in the bay if you're into macro.

Bill hasn't developed a love for macro.

Bill your choices of hotels that meet your requirements/ standards are pretty limited. There are some others that haven't been mentioned but I wouldn't recommend them for you.

It depends what you mean by "muck" and / or "macro".

If you mean diving in sand or trash (think jettys) as part of a dive or days on reefs -- yes, we like that.

If you mean days after day of that, then no.

And especially NO! if you mean seeing things that to the naked eye look like a small dot and after an hour of setting up a huge camera rig, then you can see something ultra unbelievable on the computer screen -- then I'll just see it online, thank you GET ME OUT OF HERE!! :laughrant: That was my experience in Lembeh.

- Bill

If diving is not in your list then alternatvely select a hotel downtown so you can eat out in Kota Ambon. Swiss Belhotel might do the job but you'll be bored to death.
Otherwise Aston Natsepa has better grounds, a swimming pool, but it's away from town and you'll have to hire a driver to go out in town (40min drive). I would not suggest dinner at the Aston, you'd have time to go to town, eat your dish and come back before your starter is served cold.

If you go through Ambon end of feb/March don't forget to buy some of those yellow small fruit they sell on the road out from the airport. It's called Gandaria and grows only in Maluku, you don't have them in Bali. It tastes between mango and starfruit, it went immediately first on my prefered fruit list after my first bite.

We ended up and Maluku Resort and Spa. It was ... OK for a night. There was a large party outside the hotel in the back behind the rooms which ended sometime after I fell asleep at 10. If I were to go there again I might take a cottage on the other side of the property for that reason.

The aircon was not very good.

- Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom