Ambergris Caye ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

t does it cost to get from the mainland to San Pedro.

The short flight from BZE to San Pedro is ~$160 RT or the cheapest way is water taxi, ~$14 one way. Now Belize Water Taxi has a turn key package from airport to hotel (Belize Water Taxi | Book Now - San Pedro Water Taxi), might not be a bad price traveling with multiple people. I have done both but being the tightwad that I am, I do the ferry now. Plus you get to see all the small cayes along the way on the ferry. Last ferry is usually very crowded, coming & going, so travel early. Same can be said about the Tropic Air flights; don't assume that you will just catch the last flight, maybe so maybe no. My dive buds & I are going to Caye Caulker in April, much more laid back than San Pedro, same dive locations.

If you do the water taxi, just go outside the airport terminal, ask a taxi driver the price (haggling allowed) to the water taxi port and enjoy the thrill ride through town with all 4 windows down (Belizean AC) sometimes in the 2nd lane, the shoulder of the road! ~20 minutes. You're in Belize now!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom