Ambergris Caye

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

we dove with amigos del mar, they were awesome. Really took good care of us. We were not extremely impressed with the diving around Ambergris, but the other dives you make after the Blue Hole were totally awesome. We did love San Pedro, it was a great experience.

Another endorsement for Amigos del Mar ... we had a wonderful time diving with them.

Stayed at the Mayan Princess, right across the beach from AdM ... talk about convenient. We'd be breakfasting on our balcony, and when we saw them putting our gear on the boat, just walk out the door, across the beach, and get on the boat. What could be easier?

My favorite food was the tamales that locals sell on the beach ... cheap and delicious.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Carolyne:
Hi all,

I'm going to AC late Feb. was wondering if any of you would be so kind to help me out? :)

Know of any good Cheap Eats? How about a good dive operator? Any comments on Banana Beach Resort? What about diving the great blue hole?Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Carolyne

HI!
Of everybody I have dove with in AC -of which there are some really good operators - the one that stands out as the best in my mind is Amigos del Mar! Changa & Meanie Paz (2 of the nicest people you ever will meet!) run a FABULOUS operation! Have stayed several places, LOVE The Mayan Princess and Sunbreeze.
The Blue Hole..... well - you know I guess if you are there you really should do it, because it really is pretty amazing. But it is one of those dives you do once and that is enough!! No real reason to do it again! And Amigos del Mar has an incredible Pro 48 boat so the long trip is quite comfortable!! My favorite part about doing the blue hole is the OTHER dives you get to do coming back!!
Have a great time!!!
Holly
www.photocozumel.com
ISLAND PHOTO-VIDEO CENTER of COZUMEL

Photocoz:
HI!
Of everybody I have dove with in AC -of which there are some really good operators - the one that stands out as the best in my mind is Amigos del Mar! Changa & Meanie Paz (2 of the nicest people you ever will meet!) run a FABULOUS operation!

No, really she's not a "Meanie" she's Melanie!!!!!

We just came back from 8 days diving off Ambergris Caye. Almost all the coral is dead in that area. The small patches of living coral were bleached and distressed looking.

Does anyone know what is happening there?

hil71:
Photocoz:
HI!
Of everybody I have dove with in AC -of which there are some really good operators - the one that stands out as the best in my mind is Amigos del Mar! Changa & Meanie Paz (2 of the nicest people you ever will meet!) run a FABULOUS operation!

No, really she's not a "Meanie" she's Melanie!!!!!

Well, you might want to ask Changa about that!!! Just kidding - you are correct - it is Melanie (and she is a sweetie!!) and I need to learn to type or proof read!
Holly
www.photocozumel.com

Back
Top Bottom