Amazing Philippines- Apri1 1st to April 16th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver69:
Hi Jovin,

I'm planning a trip to Phil later in the year. Hope you can answer a couple of questions for me

1. Do you know the chances of seeing Whalesharks at Donsol in early December?
2. How did you get to Manta Bowl from Donsol?

Thanks.
i think the chances of catching whalesharks in december are better in southern leyte than in donsol...

there should be a ferry crossing of some sort or the resort will handle the transfer

Jag

Hi Shugar,

I'm going to Padre Burgos in Southern Leyte too....I'm just trying to maximize my chances of seeing a whale shark ( was in Leyte last Nov and didn't see whale shark) and because I may have to head Donsol way in any case, I was hoping to do some snorkling in Donsol and may be experience the Manta Bowl in Ticao too.

Thanks.

Hi diver69,

I believe that Dec is also a good month to see whalesharks as the information given in most websites stated that the snorkelling season is from early Nov to late May.
I got to Manta Bowl from Donsol (where we stayed) by boat arranged by Conz. The boat journey was about 2.5 hours if I've remember correctly.

Do get in touch with Conz Paz from Adventurebound (emial: diverconz@yahoo.com or website: http://www.adventurebound.com.ph/index.html). He will be able to provide you with all the information on Donsol/Manta Bowl.

Hope this helps :)

Jovin-

Margriet:
Hi,
How did you get contact with Tristar? I tried keith@divetristar.net but upon till now he didn't respond. Do your have a phonenumber or faxnumber or another e-mail address?

pm the local guide spoon, i recall the tristar owners are friends of his

Hi,
How do I get in contact with this local guide Spoon. Do you have his e-mail address?
Regards,
Margriet

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom