Am I supposed to be here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlairJ007

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi Guys, I am new to the Pennsylvania area and have just recently moved from Albuquerque. I live between Harrisburg and Hershey and I wanted to know if I am far enough east to be apart of this forum or if I need to join another group (i.e. Great Lakes). If I am supposed to be part of this group, hello, and I have a couple of questions.

I signed up for diving in Albuquerque only to find out I was moving so I am looking for a good place to get certified. Can anyone recommend a reputable dive shop in the Harrisburg area? I have already looked at a few of the shops, I just wanted to get some opinions as well.

Thanks,
Blair

Join several groups and keep up with all the things happening around you. I'm not sure what is near Harrisburg, but I sent a note to someone closer to Hershey to see if they could help you out with a recommendation. There are a number of divers closer to Philly who are active with the Dive New York gang, as they all frequent Dutch Springs.

Have fun getting certified - lots of folks have advice on what to look for in an instructor. Apparently quality of instruction varies widely. with some barely satisfying agency minimums, while others are worth their weight in gold.

You will probably do your training at Bainbridge Dive In to BSC . There are a number of dive shops in your area offering instruction. The folks at Bainbridge Dive Center will be familiar with most of the instructors in the area. I would call them and discuss training. They do have winter hours, so you can probably contact someone.

I work at Bainbridge filling tanks. If you call the shop they can provide you some of the shops information that are in the Hershey area. My PERSONAL preference is Lancaster Scuba Center. I been using them for over 10 years now and have been treated like family there.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. I am starting a small Scuba company in order to pay for my classes and certification (my goal is by the end of summer). As soon as I get enough money saved up I will join a class but I have already reached out to a few people in the area to get the info that I need on dive shops/instructors. Thanks again! Hope to see you in the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom