Am I getting a good deal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I might have a problem with the red tank the alloy is 6351. But he stated that he did plenty of dive with it without any problem.
It doesn't matter that he did plenty of dives with it a couple years ago. Now is different, over the past couple years more and more places have stopped filling them.

Is the black tank much newer or same general vintage - what year was it made? Even if it's not 6351, some shops have arbitrary cutoffs to simplify things for themselves such as "nothing before 1990."

MANY shops in Central Florida will not fill ANY AL tanks made prior to 1990 - regardless of the alloy. I can't see the markings - but it's quite possible that these tanks might just be scrap metal candidates. If so, I think you could offer him at least $50 less for just the regs and BC and get yourself a deal if it's the gear you like.

I just found out most of the tanks are purchased in 2003 :). I'm still working on low balling him :-D. Thank you everyone so far for chimed in.

i think it's a good deal, for just the tanks and bc. i mean this way if this suits your type of diving, for sure go with it, just get it serviced and make buy a new reg. are the tanks al 80

Back
Top Bottom