Am I allowed to dive in Fiji

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I am aware different placed in the world have different rules and regulations. I recently got signed off by my doctor for having asthma. He okay'ed me to dive.

I have my first Confined dive tomorrow after passing my theory. I will do my open waters in January 2006. In February 2006 I'm going to the Red Sea and will have ten dives over there. This will amount to 14 dives by the end of Feb 06. By the time I goto Fiji I aiming to have got my advanced open water and 30 plus dives under my belt plus the experience of the red sea diving.

As long as I take my PADI medical signed off by my doctor (won't be more than a year old) and my PADI diving certificate will I definatly be okay to scuba dive?

I'm headed to Matamanoa middle of 2006.

Thanks,

Dreaming, I suggest sending an e-mail to the dive operator for the resort you'll be staying at. I think it's Aqua-Trek and their e-mail address is aquatrek@connect.com.fj. If they have questions and you have access to a scanner, you could also e-mail them an image of your medical to make sure they're ok with it and give you time to get any other needed info (of course, still bring the original with you).

I was in the same vicinity in January 2005 and really enjoyed the diving. I stayed at the Malolo Island Resort.

Cheers,
Mike

If you are a certified diver and you have a medical clearance I can see no reason why anyone could stop you diving. Regulations in Fiji and other Pacific islands tend to be more 'relaxed' than in many other regions anyway.

Thanks, I actually tried emailing the Aqua-Trek and had no response so far - about a week now. Saying that I haven't heard back from any other places in Fiji I've emailed.

I'll try them again.

Dreaming of Scuba, I sent you a PM about the e-mail. Matamanoa only will ask for your c-card. They will ask you about your ability and what you feel comfortable doing, then tell you you are going on the shark encounter while your wife is giving you the evil eye(just kidding)

I just got back from a dive trip in Fiji....

Most places are **very** relaxed...almost TOO relaxed...

Aquatrek took so long in replying to me that by the time I GOT their reply, I had already left the Fijian islands and was on my way to NZ, having (unfortunatly) dove with Diveconnections, out of Beka Lagoon.

They do have a good reputation and I am sure will get back to you, on Fiji time.

My best advice to you...BYOE bring your own equipment. Especially regulator.

I would just bring your medical form. My boyfriend has asthma and high blood pressure, both of which are mediacally under control. He has done almost 100 dives with no issues.

Just to let you know.. some places are strict. My wife had a signed off medical to dive from a UK doctor, but to dive in Australia she had to have an *Australian* medical.. probably just moneymaking though...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom