Always check your reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As always a good topic.

For me I have gotten into the habit of clipping mine off to a "D" ring on my right shoulder. This started for me as I watched gear get "trashed" on boat dives. Guys dropping down gear and crushing compass's, Computors, ect.

I know we should always store our gear safely, so everything gets clipped to the BCD. Whether I'm walking the gear to the car or changing over on a boat.

You posted one of those great life lessons

Mike

Last weekend I noticed while on the boat, how a class finished thier dive and when they would set the tank and bc into the tank rack, they would drop the tank onto another persons regulator or spg, I could hear the CRUNCH.

After seeing that, I have learned its best when your BC is sitting in the rack to make sure all your equimpment is routed inside your BC or clipped up high on the BC. Im sure lots of equipment gets damaged this way without divers knowing it. Just imagine jumping in for a dive and pieces fall off or out of your regulater because someone else dropped thier tank onto it in the rack.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom