Alvin Clark collection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
My father was instrumental in the raising of the Mystery Ship. I have the pepperbox revolving barrel Ethan Allen pistol from the Captains desk of the Alvin Clark. It is very well preserved considering over 100 years under water. I also have a photo album full of period newspaper photos and also the lithograph by Charles Peterson of the "Alvin Clark at Ephraim". Looking to sell all as my father has passed and these artifacts should be owned by someone who appreciates them more than I do. call or txt 715 938 1768 or respond to thread

Yes, very interesting and like many good story's it ended tragically for the ship and for Frank Hoffman personally. But the sacrifice of the Alvin Clark has been instrumental in serving as an example of why historic preservation is needed. Back then there wasn't anyone saying it was best to leave it on the bottom! But those men and women lived large in the moment and raised a 100 year old schooner intact and she floated!

@Neveradullmoment
Yes very interesting and like many good story's it ended tragically for the ship and for Frank Hoffman personally. But the sacrifice of the Alvin Clark has been instrumental in serving as an example of why historic preservation is needed. Back then there wasn't anyone saying it was best to leave it on the bottom! But those men and women lived large in the moment and raised a 100 year old schooner intact and she floated..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Agree 100 percent!

sdm

Truly a sad story. I've seen some great presentations on it. It's a great learning lesson for the rest of us

Back
Top Bottom