Aluminum, LED light for $2.50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dumpsterDiver

Banned
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Was at the auto parts store today with my son buying $11.00 wiper blades when I noticed a display for small LED lights... $2.50 each, aluminum housing, rubber button on back to activate, little lanyard, 9 internal "light bulbs", with 3 AAA batteries included. Put out a decent amount of white light. (Mom's birthday is in a few days, hopefully my 9-yr old won't tell her what I paid for her present)

The light seems very strudy and pretty bright. When are we going to see really cheap dive lights? Obviously the technology and economies are here now.

Was at the auto parts store today with my son buying $11.00 wiper blades when I noticed a display for small LED lights... $2.50 each, aluminum housing, rubber button on back to activate, little lanyard, 9 internal "light bulbs", with 3 AAA batteries included. Put out a decent amount of white light. (Mom's birthday is in a few days, hopefully my 9-yr old won't tell her what I paid for her present)

The light seems very strudy and pretty bright. When are we going to see really cheap dive lights? Obviously the technology and economies are here now.

The biggest challenge with making dive lights is making them waterproof and corrosion proof. Not a huge challenge, but a challenge nonetheless.

The biggest mark-up, though, comes from the word "dive" in the name "dive light". Gotta increase the price if you want to use that word.

I want to fiddle around with making my own dive light.. Could prove interesting.. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom