Closed: Aluminum backplate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Curious why you chose those brands?
I have a dive rite plate that can be a pain to get on my doubles because the depth of the V is shallow. my hog al plate fits perfect, so naturally i would like another hog plate. as for the oms and halcyon, ive always heard people really like their halcyon backplate over other brands so i would like to see if it really is better (i mean theyre all just plates right?), and the oms plate looks very similar to the halcyon plate but much cheaper. It's just me being weird about plates that's all lol

I have a red HOG al plate. I have only used it a couple times in the pool and in 3 rescue classes. As I'm diving mostly sidemount now I'd be willing to let it go since I have 4 other steel plates and a soft pack. Message me via email. jimlap212@comcast.net

I have a dive rite plate that can be a pain to get on my doubles because the depth of the V is shallow. my hog al plate fits perfect, so naturally i would like another hog plate. as for the oms and halcyon, ive always heard people really like their halcyon backplate over other brands so i would like to see if it really is better (i mean theyre all just plates right?), and the oms plate looks very similar to the halcyon plate but much cheaper. It's just me being weird about plates that's all lol
Gotcha. I have steel and aluminum DR plates but never had issues with the shallow V. Never tried any other brands of plates, though, so I don't have anything to compare them to.

I think some of the love for Halcyon plates is more that it's Halcyon than about the actual plate, if that makes sense.

I understand, i have halcyon wing and regs and like them, but to spend the money on a new halcyon plate is pretty absurd to be honest.

i would also look at the apeks aluminum plate. it has a nicer finish because of the electropolishing. my oms plate has a relatively shallow bend in comparison iirc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom