Altitude after Diving in Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubbles below

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I need some suggestion of what tours I should do to avoid any altitude violations.
And which fastboat to take to Lombok to catch our liveaboard, Empress. At the moment, we will be in TulambenOct 5-7 and diving with Liberty Resort on Oct 6&7 or Matahari and the full moon is on Oct 6.
Oct 7-14 we will be in Candidasa and staying at Royal Candidasa Beach Club where I was able to do a timeshare trade and hoping to dive at least 4days.
Oct 8 Mingpang/Tepekong
Oct 9 Nusa Penida
Oct 10 Pandang Bay
Oct 11 Manta Point
Oct 12 Sightseeing days
Oct 13 Sightseeing days
Oct 14-21 liveaboard on the Empress to Komodo from Lombok
Oct 21-24
We will be in Kuta at Risata
Here are a list what I would like to see:

Do I have to wait my 24hrs to visit to any of these places?
Goa Lawah Temple
Tirta Gawah Waterplace
Kecak dance or Barong Dance
Hike to a waterfall, walk thru rice fields, and the coffee plantations.
Maybe a Temple ceremony ...
Also, are they any hiking to a waterfall near Kuta?
I tried to pull up information about the elevations but it just said to avoid Bedugal Kintamani and hiking Agung.
Any suggestions would be great!
Thanks happy diving.

Do I have to wait my 24hrs to visit to any of these places?

Goa Lawah Temple - no, this is sea level, short ride from Candidasa
Tirta Gawah Waterplace - Tirta Gangga maybe? no worries
Kecak dance or Barong Dance - depends on where but probably nothing to worry about, might be in Candidasa
Hike to a waterfall, walk thru rice fields, and the coffee plantations.- Depends on which waterfall, as long as its not up in Kintamani or Bedugul as there are many near there
Maybe a Temple ceremony ...should be no problem
Also, are they any hiking to a waterfall near Kuta? - no, all waterfalls are in the hills, some close to Ubud which is not that high in elevation

I tried to pull up information about the elevations but it just said to avoid Bedugal Kintamani and hiking Agung.
Any suggestions would be great!

You can visit tegenungan waterfall, around 40 minute drive from Ida bagus mantra highway (the main road) to candi dasa; not very far from Sukawati art market.
Tegenungan Waterfall in Bali
Goa Lawah is also on the way to Candi Dasa from Sanur, easy to spot on the left side.5 minutes after you pass through the highway.
Tirta Gangga water palace is also not far from Candi dasa, 40 minute on the way to Tulamben.
no issue on elevation for those all.

Update:
Oct 10: Sunset at Tanah Lot Tour after our two mornings dives at Telepong and Mingpang
Visiting Taman Ayun Royal Temple, Alas Kedaton monkey forest, and see the Tanah Lot at sunset.
Oct 12 I'm doing the Kintamani Volcano and Tegenungan waterfall tour : Fist stop Batubulan village for the Barong and Keris dances. Then to the batik, Silver, wood craving, and art dirstict.Third stop to Pura Tirta Empul, Cegik Tegallalang and than to coffee. Than lunch near overlooking Lake Batur and Mt. Kintamani before reaching the Tegenungan waterfall.
Oct 13
Nungnung (800-900 meter above sea level ) and Lempuyang Temple (1175meter) or see the Niagara Munduk and Melanting Waterfall (800-1100 meters above sea level) or just try to find the 7 sacred Sekumpul waterfalls.
I think we should be cleared of any violations. I think we just need to have a late lunch on Oct 12.
Let me know if I'm missing anything, thanks!

Are you planning on diving in the morning and then visiting places in the mountains in the afternoon?

Just on Oct 10, I will be diving in the morning. The Tanah lot is near sea level and the monkey at Alas Kedaton forest and the Taman Ayun Temple I believe are no greater than 1000ft above sea level. I hope I'm not wrong! The tour starts at 2:30pm and we will be back between 6-7pm.

Just on Oct 10, I will be diving in the morning. The Tanah lot is near sea level and the monkey at Alas Kedaton forest and the Taman Ayun Temple I believe are no greater than 1000ft above sea level. I hope I'm not wrong! The tour starts at 2:30pm and we will be back between 6-7pm.

1000 feet is nothing. Around 3000 feet, and I'd start to think about altitude considerations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom